Sunday, February 11, 2007

Technologically advanced? Not so much...

This past weekend, Andrew and I attended a photography workshop weekend. It was 2 days of classes about taking pictures, from the basic building blocks, to cool techniques to try. One question that opened every class was, "How many are using digital?" and almost everyone raised their hand. Well, everyone but Andrew and I. We are still shooting in film. In fact, we are using completely manual cameras. Manual focus, manual f-stop, manual shutter speeds. I could use my camera without a battery, which is just used for the internal light meter. After one of the classes, I said to Andrew, "We have a robot to vacuum, and another to mop, but we don't shoot with digital cameras. Does that seem a little backwards?"

In related news, Andrew bought a Scooba from woot.com. It mops hard surface floors. Pretty cool.

No comments: