Saturday, October 02, 2004

No need to worry

So my dear mother asked me, "What's this deal with the hole in your hand?" The complete story is as follows:

As I was leaving work on Monday, I tryed to stop the door from slamming behind me and I was so successful that I got my finger stuck in the door. Now these are some seriously heavy metal doors. My nail immediately started to turn blue and hurt like nothing I can recall in recent memory. I tried to run it under cold water, but was unable to get the water cold enough. I felt like crying. I drove home and put ice on it just to numb it. I then called a nice lady at UHC Nurse-line, to make sure that I was doing the right things. She said that it just sounded like I would lose the nail in 2-3 weeks, but if I experienced trobbing pain and swelling and if my finger was hot, then I needed to go to a doctor. By Wed, I had all of the symptoms, so I went to the "doctor" ie, the internet, and found this

No comments: