Monday, November 01, 2004

To the Polls!

Tomorrow all of the stupid ads will be coming off my television. What ever will the networks do with all that free time? A few things that have been puzzling me during all of this campaigning....
Two of the issues that the Democrats have been pushing are that
1) They want to get lower cost prescriptions from Canada and
2) More high-tech and better paying jobs for Americans.

Now let's think about this... So we start getting our prescription drugs from Canada, this means that Canadians are making the drugs. Canadians are getting the jobs. There are about 14,000 chemist working for pharmaceutical companies in the US, making $32,000 to $71,000/yr. That sounds like a "high tech and better paying job" that we're shipping out to Canada. And that's just chemist. What about managers, hourly workers, sales, logistics, etc?

And I have one last beef... And it's with Ms. Patty Wetterling. How many times must you call me? And if you're going to harass me, don't list your number.... It makes it really hard for me not to just call you up and solicit something from you. Goodness, I'm not even registered! Speaking of which... I need someone to vouch for me tomorrow.

http://www.sos.state.mn.us/election/faq.html#question7

No comments: