Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Oddities

Sitting at home wrapping presents with my mom, she asked me if I wanted to take my Christmas ornaments home with me. I replied, "Not this year, but as we take them off the tree, we can put them into a separate box for next year." That began a conversation on the ornaments. We usually get one every year from one of my crafty aunts. We open them on Christmas Eve, and put them on the tree. Sounds pretty normal, right? Well, when it is time to take the tree down, we remove the ornaments, and put them back into the box they came in. Sometimes we even re-wrap them with the wrapping paper that they came in. That's odd. Also, a few years ago, a friend of my dad gave my brother a lizard for Christmas because he thought my brother needed a friend. Also odd.

No comments: