Sunday, January 14, 2007

New Experience

Andrew and I have been trying to go out and see more of Indianapolis' night life recently. Because we live on the far northeast side, getting downtown can be a chore, and we've been home-bodies recently. Last night, Andrew found a cover band that he wanted to hear, so we headed down to the Tip Top Tavern on the corner of Capitol and 14th. As I always do when I walk into a bar, I focused on getting to an area that we would be comfortable. So with my eyes forward, we headed to the bar for some drinks. While Andrew ordered the drinks, I started looking around. My first thought was, "There are a lot of women with short haircuts." Then as I looked around some more, I realized that Andrew was one of maybe 6 or 7 males in the bar. Then it dawned on me. I was surrounded by lesbians. Andrew and I found seats, listened to the band, and discussed why there were so many lesbians at the bar. We decided that it wasn't actually a gay bar, but rather the band had a large lesbian following. That said, I'm not sure if Andrew would recommend going there again. He felt a touch out of place.

No comments: