Saturday, January 13, 2007

Up in the gym just working on her fitness

When I first moved to Indy, one of the first things I did was buy a bigger cage for Miss Chica. (For anyone who doesn't know, Miss Chica is my pet chinchilla). Her previous cage was ~36"x18"x24" which isn't bad for a smaller pet, but I could tell she just needed much more room. Her new cage is now ~36"x24"x48". Just to give you an idea of how big that really is, when I was putting the shelves in it, I had to get inside of it. Anyway, when I bought the new cage, I also bought her a wheel to run on since she doesn't get much exercise. But I was disappointed because she never ran in it. I could tell from the dust build-up on top. In fact I never saw her even get in it. That is, until last night. When Andrew and I came home from seeing "Happy Feet" at the IMAX, (good times!), I went in to give her a treat and there she was sitting in the wheel. When I reached in to give her the treat, she started running! I was the cutest thing! Maybe her New Year's resolution was to lose some ounces.

No comments: