Monday, August 09, 2004

DoubleSpeak

So as I was booking a flight on-line today, I noticed that Orbiz has a "Gay Travel" section. To preface the rest of this post, I have nothing against gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. I'm a very much "to each his/her own" and "whatever floats your boat" type of person. Now that's out of the way, I don't understand this. Homosexuals have been avocating equal rights, and that they just want to be treated like everyone else. So why do they get their own travel section? If they get a travel section, then I want one labeled, "Yuppie Travel." And while we're at it, I want a Yuppie Pride Parade. And I want to put a green oval on the back of my car, signifying my yuppieness. And in this gay travel section, do they get better discounts to places like Boston, New Hampshire and Hawaii? Do they actually check your sexual preference, or could I pose as a lesbian and get the trip to Hawaii half off? Do you think I could get discounted travel to Seattle?

No comments: