Saturday, January 22, 2005

Minnesota Snow

So, for the first time this winter, we got snow last night. It was only about 6" but here they treated it like a blizzard! It started coming down pretty hard around 1pm so I thought that by 5pm they would have a handle on things, so I left work and took the highway home. Well, I was wrong! It looked as if the roads hadn't been touched, and these crazy Minnesotians acted like they were from Jersey or something. They would just drive where ever they wanted to all over the road. No turn signals, no lanes, and they couldn't make up their minds on how fast they wanted to go. And today I went out, and thank goodness the roads were clear, but everyone had their snowblowers out! Snowblowers for 6"??? And Minnesota snow is a lot different from other Midwestern snow. It's light and fluffy and just blows everywhere, unlike the wet clumps that fall out of the Cincinnati sky. I will never understand these people.

No comments: